Thursday, January 15, 2009

Questions

That Damn Expat did a post on December 17, 2008 called, "My Interview". B.E. Earle sent her some personalized questions via email, and then she answered them on her blog. I really liked what she wrote, and I signed up for it. I'm ashamed to admit it has taken me so long to get around to it, but I'm going to try, now.

Here are the rules:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me." (Please leave your email addy if I don't already have it or you are not a friend on Facebook)
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

I will only offer to send questions to the first and second commenters that ask for them. I'm not very original or creative, and as many of you may know, I'm horribly behind on my blog reading and commenting because I'm just out of time. I'm sorry, I still love you! I'm really trying to go back and read every post and occasionally comment on it. It would take me months to get around to getting back to you if I had to think up questions for more than one or two people.

Here are the questions Expat gave me:

If you could go back and change something about your life would you do it? Explain.

That is a loaded question to me, because there are so many things I would like to change about my life, not the least of which would be to have been born to different parents. If I started back too far, though, it would change the circumstances that led me to have this wonderful child that I have, and I Would Never Give That Up. Quite honestly, my child is possibly the only thing that I have ever done right. Have you ever seen the movie, "The Butterfly Effect"? If not, you probably should, just saying.

Without too much explanation, I would say that I would never have gotten into the last relationship I had that started about 10 years ago. I was a fool, he turned out to be a sociopath, and I've never been the same since. I almost completely destroyed not only my life, but my son's life, also. I ended up losing my job and having to sell our home before it got foreclosed upon. I think the decision I made to stop dating after that was a good one, considering my lousy taste in men.

What is the one thing you would want your child to learn from you, instead of experiencing it for himself?

Again, only ONE? Tough call, but I'm going to go with: Drugs and Alcohol are BAAAAAAAD! Moderation is not an option when addiction is running through every vein in his body. Stay Away, Poison, Danger!

If I got to choose two and three they would be Education and Abstinence.

If you were a movie character which character would you be?

Hmm, which character as I see myself, or which character I would want to be if I had the choice?

As I see myself, probably a cross between Susanna and Lisa in Girl, Interrupted.

As I would want to be, Francis/Baby from Dirty Dancing. Good upbringing, relatively wealthy parents, young and smart, with options wide open. Also, hot lover that teaches her how to dance and gives her a great first experience. "No one puts Baby in the corner"!

In your opinion, what is your best character trait?

Again, so many to choose from! Just kidding. I would have to say that when my first reactions toward hysteria and drama subside, my sense of humor takes over. My sense of humor has saved me from losing my mind more times than I can count. So I'm going to say more times than 20 because that is the amount of fingers and toes that I have to count on. Math has never been my strong suit.

You are a fellow Harry Potter fan. If you went to Hogwarts which house would you be in? Explain.

I would probably be a Hufflepuff. According to Wikipedia, "Hufflepuff values hard work, loyalty, tolerance, and fair play". That's pretty much me. I don't want to be the center of attention, At All. I have trouble acting normal when I'm nervous (name the song). I would much rather be in the background, making sure everything is working the way it is supposed to, everyone has enough to eat and drink, everyone is having a good time, all is running smoothly. I'm the details girl that you can count on to make sure you don't have to worry about anything while you are in the spotlight. Your spotlight will reflect upon me when I do my very best to make you look good.

Thanks, Expat! Those were awesome, thought provoking questions!

4 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

you are one COOL person, Schmancy. I always knew that........

Bella@That damn expat said...

I'm so glad you finally got around to doing this because those were some awesome answers!
I feel like I learned a lot about you. I'm so sorry about everything you went through, but a little less sorry if that's what made you be the person you are now.
And I love your Hufflepuff explanation! You totally belong in that house ;)

JoJo said...

Ooo ooo! Interview me! You have my email.

Gwen said...

I love getting to know more about you! I volunteer but only if you have time.