Sunday, January 18, 2009

My imagination runs wild

I'm the kind of person, read asshole, who doesn't answer their phone. I hate talking on the phone, I'm not a big phone talker. I let my machine screen all of my calls. If I'm not otherwise occupied, I will pick up, or I will call you back when I get the message.

I don't usually get a lot of calls on a Sunday. Most of the bill collectors and telemarketers take the day off, although you would be surprised.

For some reason today, I have gotten a lot of hang up calls on my machine. About an hour ago, I got this message:



Loosely translated, that was "blah, blah, blah, I goan fuckin' kill yo ass!".

Since I haven't been in any trouble or caused any trouble in a really long time, I'm assuming this was a wrong number. I even tried to hit *69 to make sure bitch knew she had the wrong number. Unfortunately, *69 doesn't work on cell phones.

What freaks me out is, a person could think that their baby daddy's new girlfriend was at this number, and reverse trace it on the internet to find the address. Then they think that's the address where not only the crack is, but the new bitch they want to kill lives here.

Needless to say, I told my kid not to take the dog out again tonight.

What is our world coming to when I would rather have my dog shit inside my house than have my kid shanked on the front lawn?

I may be overreacting, but would rather be safe than sorry. That message freaked me the fuck out!

5 comments:

That Janie Girl said...

You can call the phone company and reverse check the cell number.

Anonymous said...

In this sort of situation, I remember how wise institutionalization or eugenics can be under the right circumstances.

Bella@That damn expat said...

I'd be freaking out too. Try finding the number!

Fancy Schmancy said...

Hey, Poo, for me or her?

Angie said...

I don't answer my phone either. After a message like that, I don't think I'd even answer the door. I'd call the phone company and then call the cops. Good luck. :)