Monday, September 29, 2008

Seamus, a short pictorial

Before I post Part 2 of Seamus and the brain tumor, I decided to post a short pictorial of what he meant in my life. His outgoing personality attracted me to him. Nothing in my short life had prepared me for Hurricane Seamus.

I met him for the first time at his 18th birthday party, I was 16 at the time. We started talking at school, and I actively pursued him. He was an unbelievably funny guy, and I asked him if I could carry his books for him. I asked him out, and pushed him until he could say no any longer, anything to get this girl to stop badgering me. Except, it turned out, he liked me, too.

We had a LOT of fun for the next few years. We hosted great parties, but nothing rivaled our Halloween costume parties. His mom would buy the kegs, and the Grain alcohol that I put in my punch, we had live bands in the basement/garage, I decorated the whole house, and put dry ice in my punch which was served out of a witch's cauldron. We had a blast together.

It didn't matter if it was a party, or just us; it didn't matter where in the country we were, or even out of the country. If we weren't actually fighting at the time, we were having a great time together.

It turns out that very few pictures were taken of us together. Here are the best of the ones taken of him, at least.

I give you Halloween 1987, and the pregnant nun in the miniskirt, with fishnet stockings.




The pregnant nun with his girlfriend, a devil. (We had on the same red lipstick)

Early 1988, Maniacal at the Meadowlands


Summer of 1988, Grand Canyon


Halloween 1988 - the Dick Head


May 1989, Jamaica (no there was no weed in Jamaica, we weren't stoned at all)


Fall of 1989, dressed up for his father's wedding:


He had a big red car, that he did this to when Desert Storm was announced. It took 3 days straight:


2 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

Great pics! I alwys wish I had taken more pics as well. I love seeing old picture that friends have that I've forgotten about. AS for no weed in Jamaica - how does that happen?

JoJo said...

Awesome photos. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun together! And his car!!! OMG! All those stars!!!